On February 27, 2019, we released STACK version 5.0.300. This new version includes a brand-new project sharing capability as well as several bug fixes. Details are below…
New Feature: Project Sharing
Sharing lets you give anyone read-only access to your STACK plans, takeoff and reports.
Learn more about sharing, and why it’s important, and how to share a project in our help center: Sharing A Project
To try it out…
• Open up a project and you’ll see a new Sharing button at the top of the application.
• Flip the sharing toggle to generate a link and then click Copy
• Send this link to anyone and they’ll be able to log-in and view your plans and takeoff in a read-only mode.
Some things to keep in mind:
• This read-only view provides access to plans and reports. You can open a page and use the hover tool to inspect an individual geometry, or see the reports (including items and assemblies) exactly as they appear for the project owner.
• Projects you’ve shared, and those shared with you, are marked on your bid calendar and project list for easy identification.
• If you turn off sharing on a previously shared project it will remove the project from the bid calendar of everyone you’ve shared with.
• Anyone can use sharing, but Free users will see their shared projects expire for everyone after 7 days.
Bug Fixes & Other Improvements
- • Fix problem where after uploading into a project with no plans the entire plan area would sometimes show as white and no thumbnails would appear
• Updated API documentation for partners
• Various other software improvements.