Autocount will search a plan page for the specified image or symbol and place a count on each.
Perform a takeoff using Autocount
- Click "New Takeoff."
- Choose the "Count" measurement type.
- Click "Start Measuring"
- Zoom in to a clear symbol on the plan page. Then select "Takeoff" from the toolbar on the right and choose "Autocount"
- Using your cursor as the wand tool, draw a box diagonally around the symbol. Clicking once to begin the box and double-clicking to complete it.
- Once the box is drawn, Autocount will begin. You will notice a Pending notification in the notification center.
- When finished, the system will place counts on each of the symbols and update the takeoff quantity.
*While this is processing, you can continue with other takeoffs on the same page or on another page. You do not have to wait for the results.
Choosing a template symbol
It is important to choose a good template symbol, otherwise, you may not get the results you are expecting. Here are examples of good and poor template symbols:
A good symbol isn't in a busy area of the plan and doesn’t have intersecting lines and the poor template symbol has lines intersecting it making it difficult to isolate.
*Do not reference symbols in the legend for Autocount
Autocount with text
Because Autocount uses an image to search for the symbol, text produces less-than-ideal results. Instead, we recommend using our search feature.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us.