This article describes how to import items from a CSV spreadsheet into your STACK account.
Steps to perform an item import
- Download the STACK item import template below (Once the sheet opens click on the File menu, then Save As, then Download a Copy)
- Populate the template. Information on the acceptable values for each field are listed below.
- Send the populated template to your STACK account rep or customer service manager. Use the in-app Intercom chat or email to connect with your rep.
- Your account rep or customer service manager will review the template and may ask you to make changes to format the data for import into STACK.
- Once the data is properly formatted your AR or CSM will queue it up for import. Imports are usually completed within 2 business days.
Import template instructions
Text, max 50 chars
Text, max 255 chars
This description will appear in item edit screens only
Text, max 50 chars
Optional, will use Unit of Measure if this is not supplied
Unit of Measure
sq ft, lin ft, cu yd, m, sq m, cu m, ea
Must be one of the comma separated values listed at left
text, max 10 chars
Coverage Rate Purchase
number (1 is default)
Factor to convert from Unit of Measure (ex, Sq Ft) to Purchase Unit (ex, GALLONS). If you are not sure what to input, leave blank.
Coverage Rate Measured
Unit of Measure=Sq Ft
Coverage Rate Measured=100 Sq Ft
1 GALLON = 100 Sq Ft
Must be a standard cost type or custom type defined on your account
Setup any custom cost types prior to the import
if provided Cost Type must also be provided
Folder Level 1
text, max 50 chars. optional, will default to Items if not provided
this will be the root folder
Folder Level 2
Folder Level 3
Folder Level 4
Folder Level 5
Things to consider before importing
- If you are using any custom Cost Types, ensure that those Cost Types are created in your Account Settings section prior to the import.
- Do you already have items in your account? Any items that already exist in your account with the same name and folder structure as an item in your import spreadsheet will be updated.
- Are you confident of the folder structure and naming convention you want to use for your database? It is difficult to move items once they're created.