Create a new project or event
- From either the projects tab or calendar tab in the main navigation, select “New Project” from the left panel to create a new project.
- From the calendar tab, select “New Event” from the left panel to create a new event (these are similar to adding a regular calendar event). Events will show in the calendar view only.
- This left panel will then prompt you to provide details such as a project name, bid date (due date), project notes, and more (select “Show more options” to expand this section and enter additional information such as who the project is assigned to, bid status, and project address).
*To update any of this information after a project has been created, click the edit pencil to the right of the project name.
- Once you’ve entered the desired details, click “Create and Launch” to be directed to the upload screen or click “Create” to remain in the current view.
Upload project documents
Once you have chosen to Create and Launch a project or selected the project from either view, it’s time to upload your project plans and documents.
- Select your upload method (local file, a direct link from the web, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive) and include the file. You can upload the following file types:
*If you're working with CAD or BIM files (e.g. DWF, DWG, DXF) you will need to convert them into one of the formats above. We recommend this free online tool here.
- Once the file is selected, click the “Done” button. We recommend waiting for the green progress bar to complete before clicking “Done”.
- The project files will begin to process which, depending on the file size and internet speed, can take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes.
*If you need to add additional files to a project, click Upload from the toolbar on the right and repeat the process.
View and search existing projects
STACK offers multiple ways to view and filter your projects, depending on your preference.
- The Projects tab - Provides a searchable list view, showing the most recent project at the top.
- The Calendar tab - Provides a filterable calendar view for the month, plan, week, or workweek.
Use the search bar to find a project by name or “more options” to filter by status or assigned user.
The color of each project on the calendar and list view is set according to the project status. This can also be updated using the edit pencil to the right of the project name, as the project progresses.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us.