2020 is here and if you’re like other construction business owners and contractors, you’re starting to plan your year and think about ways to improve your business. You may also be considering attending a construction event, conference, expo or exhibit hall in 2020.
The good news is that there are a lot of construction events to choose from. In fact, it can sometimes be overwhelming trying to decide which one to attend. Here’s a few things to consider when making that decision:
· Are you looking to sit in on educational classes to learn about new products, new techniques, hiring tips, industry research, etc.? If so, make sure the event you choose offers this type of training and education. Some events are simply an exhibit hall.
· Speaking of exhibit halls, are you most interested in discovering new products and services? Attending an event with a large exhibit hall is key!
· Is meeting new people in your industry and networking important to you? If so, look for events that offer opportunities dedicated to networking such as after-hour parties, speed networking events and offsite outings.
· Do you want to attend a general construction event or an event specific to your trade (ex. Concrete, roofing, electrical, plumbing, home building, etc.)?
· How much will the event cost you to attend? Consider the cost of the conference ticket as well as airline tickets, hotel rooms, and meals when making your decision.
Here’s 5 top construction conferences & events that you should consider attending in 2020…
1. CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 | March 10-14 | Las Vegas, NV
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is North America’s largest construction trade show representing asphalt, aggregates, concrete, earthmoving, lifting, mining, utilities and more. The show is so massive that it takes over the entire Las Vegas Convention Center plus several of the adjacent parking lots.
Over 2,800 exhibitors will be showing off their products and services at the show so be sure to plan out which ones you want to meet with prior to your arrival. There are also 150 educational sessions broken out into 10 tracks including Aggregates, Asphalt, Concrete, Cranes, Rigging & Aerial Lifts, Earthmoving & Site Development, Equipment Management & Maintenance, Business Best Practices, Talent, Safety, and Technology Solutions.
While at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, be sure to stop by the STACK Booth to learn more about our leading preconstruction platform. Learn more about STACK’s presence at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020.
2. AGC Annual Convention | March 9-12 | Las Vegas, NV
The AGC (Associated General Contractors of America) is one of the largest member organizations for contactors in the United States. From risk management to safety on the jobsite to the latest in project management solutions, AGC brings together experts from across the industry to share their knowledge and help prepare contractors to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
This year, the AGC Convention is held alongside of CONEXPO-CON/AGG. Your AGC Convention registration includes a pass to CONEXPO-CON/AGG.
3. ABC Convention 2020 | March 23-27 | Nashville, TN
Nashville, aka Music City, is a growing and ever-changing city which makes it the perfect location for the ABC Convention since many ABC (Associated Builders & Contractors) members play an integral a part of the city’s metamorphosis. A top convention destination, Nashville is known for its honky-tonks and food and arts scene.
Attend the ABC Convention 2020 to get inspired by keynote speakers, network with ABC peers and celebrate the accomplishments of merit shop contractors from across the country. You’ll enjoy the speakers, education sessions, networking opportunities and opening and closing night celebrations!
4. Advancing Preconstruction 2020 | May 4-7 | Las Vegas, NV
Advancing Preconstruction 2020 is North America’s largest preconstruction conference. It is the ultimate, end-to-end preconstruction conference covering estimating, bidding, design coordination, technology, project setup and subcontractor management.
You’ll learn how to forge integrated preconstruction workflows and ensure every project is set up for success. The conference consists of 2 full days of educational sessions broken out into 6 tracks: Design Management, Estimating, Forecasting & Bidding, Data & Technology, Subcontractors, and Project Setup. You can also extend the conference by attending one of four Pre-Conference Workshops or one of three Post-Conference Focus Sessions.
5. Procore Groundbreak 2020 | October 26-28 | New Orleans, LA
Procore is the leading all-in-one construction management software with tens of thousands of users worldwide. Their annual conference is called Groundbreak and it’s focus is bringing the construction industry together to learn from and inspire each other.
For 3 days, you’ll have the opportunity to attend educational sessions specific to your career, network with other Procore users, be the first to hear about the latest Procore products and features, and speak to product developers. In addition, you’ll be able to meet other product and software vendors in the exhibit hall.
Read our recap of Procore Groundbreak 2019.